Web-Based Instructional Tools Course
I designed, developed, and delivered EDIT772 Web-Based Instructional Tools for George Mason University's Graduate School of Education.
This course is designed to introduce web site and page design and development processes, various web publishing options, and the difference between hand-coding HTML and using a Web application. Students interacted with a variety of web publishing software programs such as Notepad, Composer, Dreamweaver, WebCT, and WS_FTP.
At the end of this course, students were able to
- explain how web pages are built and displayed
- name the basic elements of a web page
- identify commonly used HTML tags
- create web pages using a WYSIWYG editor
- hand-edit the code of these pages
- include graphics
- upload HTML pages to the Internet
- use design techniques
- troubleshoot pages which have common HTML problems
- plan a basic website
- implement an appropriate file management structure for a website
This course was delivered using WebCT.