Project Management Course: Basic
I designed, developed, and delivered EDIT573 Project Management: Basic for George Mason University's Graduate School of Education.
The goal of this course was to provide a basic understanding of Project Management as it relates to the development of interactive multimedia instructional (IMI) projects. This course introduced learners to basic project management principles and theories.
Upon completion of the course, the learner will have a sense that project management involves a multitude of skills. Given the course text, lessons, and activities, the students should be able to
- identify project management knowledge areas
- identify project management processes
- describe the basic elements of a project plan
- describe how the project management processes relate to one another
- create a basic ISD work breakdown structure
- create a basic budget of resources
- draft a project plan
... commensurate with an entry level task manager.
This course was delivered using WebCT. The second half of this course was EDIT573 Project Management: Advanced.