The USAID Knowledge Driven Microenterprise Development (KDMD) Portal is a Drupal-based portal of sites built on Drupal 6.x. My role with the QED Group included both liaising with QED’s web development vendor during the site development process and helping to build internal Drupal capacity among the KDMD team.
- developing a Drupal-based process to capture, organize, present, and monitor portal requirements
- working closely with the KDMD web development team to facilitate the identification and finalization of the portal requirements to the vendor.
- advising QED on key technology options and decisions in the Drupal context.
- acting as a liaison between KDMD and the vendor
- providing oversight and portal site development services in line with the expectations laid out by KDMD website requirements
- assisting KDMD in vetting site functionality as delivered by the developer against requirements and provide consultation on how to redress any issues with the developer
- advising and assisting with the build out of an internal Drupal site as a resource for the entire KDMD team
- providing assistance in developing and managing Drupal sites to the QED core web team
- assisting the core web team in creating various resources (online tools, reading resources, etc.) and trainings to prepare all of KDMD for the launch of KDID sites