I was hired to plan and provide two one-day training sessions for Acquia's client. The first training session covered:
- Tasks performed by authenticated users in a customized Drupal Commons site such as the creation of group nodes in different group configurations.
- Tasks performed by content administrators and group managers such as setting up groups with different access configurations.
- Free formed discussion and exploration of the site administration features, role definition, and community strategies.
The second session covered:
- How Drupal works.
- What tasks would a site administrator performed compared to someone responsible for configuring existing features or adding new features.
- Which modules were used to build the site and what that meant regarding site changes and maintenance. This included a review of how Panels, Context, and CCK, and Views work in Drupal.
- Managing a project with multiple instances of the same site (dev, staging, training, sandbox, production)
When preparing for the training, I also provided basic site testing.